Automatically back up photos from your Mac or PC, connected cameras and SD cards. Thanks for downloading Backup and Sync. Open the installer on your computer and follow the prompts to start backing up photos. Get help installing. For mobile devices. Get the Google Photos app to back up and view photos on your Android and iOS devices. Chromebooks are very capable laptop-style computers that don't run on a Windows operating system, but rather run on Chrome OS, a Google-designed operating system that uses the Google Chrome web browser as its principal interface. Asus C423NA Chromebook 14' HD Laptop (Intel Dual Core Celeron Processor N3350, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 64GB SSD) Webcam, WiFi, Bluetooth, Type-C, Google Chrome OS - Silver (Renewed) 4.2 out of 5 stars 448 $202.49 $ 202. 49 $214.99 $214.99.
On their enterprise blog, Google has announced plans to replace its Google Drive app for Windows 10 with a new unified app based on its Drive File Stream app for Google Suite enterprise users.
Possible due to the increasing work from home, the new client, called Drive for Desktop, will bring along a lot of the consumer features such as backing up photos to Google Photos automatically, but also allow you to sign in with both your consumer and enterprise Google account.
“We’re planning to unify our sync clients and bring all of our customers the best and most used features from both Drive File Stream and Backup and Sync. This will create a powerful and unified sync client for anyone who uses Drive, whether for business or personal purposes,” Google confirmed in the announcement. “We are bringing features from Backup and Sync to Google Drive for Desktop to create a simpler user experience. New features to Google Drive for Desktop include syncing folders like Documents or Desktop or Drive storage, uploading from USB devices, uploading photos and videos to either Google Photos or Google Drive, and support for multiple accounts.”
The main feature being lost appears to be selective uploads of file types and folders.
The app should roll out to enterprise users towards the later part of 2021 and then later to consumers currently using the Google Backup and Sync app.
via Express.© tommaso79/Getty Images To sync files automatically, add the Google Drive app to your desktop. tommaso79/Getty Images
- You can add Google Drive to your desktop on a PC in addition to using it on a web browser.
- Adding the Google Drive app to your desktop will enable you to sync your documents and files from your computer to Google Drive.
Google Drive is popular for its free programs, ease of access, and compatibility with Gmail and other Google products.
You can download Google Drive to your PC desktop as well, enabling your computer to sync your files with Google Drive automatically.
Here's how to add Google Drive to your desktop using a PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to add Google Drive to your PC desktop
1. If you are logged in to your Google account on an internet browser, you must log out temporarily to install Google on your desktop.
2. Once you have logged out, go to drive.google.com and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage. Under the 'Downloads' column, click on 'Drive for Mac/PC.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider In 'Downloads,' select 'Drive for Mac/PC.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
3. A new tab will open. Next to the 'For Individuals' banner, click on 'Download.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider In 'For Individuals,' select 'Download.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
4. A pop-up window will appear. Click the 'Agree and Download' button.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Select 'Agree and Download.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
5. A program called 'installbackupandsync.exe' will begin downloading in your internet browser.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider 'Backup and Sync' will download. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
6. Click on the program, and it should begin installing once it has finished downloading.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider It will then install. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
7. Once the installation is complete, click 'Close' to exit the pop-up window.
8. Google Drive should now appear on your desktop. Look for a window called 'Welcome to Backup and Sync' and click on the 'Get Started' button.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Click 'Get Started.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
9. Type in your Gmail address, click 'Next,' and then type in your Gmail password. Click 'Next' when you are finished.
10. Set your laptop's preferences for upload quality and file size. When you are finished, click 'Next.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider To sync files automatically, add the Google Drive app to your desktop. tommaso79/Getty Images
11. Set your Google Drive syncing preferences. You can sync the entirety of your computer to Google Drive, or select specific folders to sync. Once you are finished, click 'Start.'
Download Hp Desktop Drivers© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Choose which folders you'd like to sync. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
After Google Drive is downloaded to your desktop, you will also see shortcuts to Drive programs such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.