When searching for an SCDMV branch that serves international customers, be sure to filter the results to international customers. You must bring certain identity documents with you. A complete list of accepted documents can be found on the International Customers' Checklist (SCDMV Form MV-94). Toggle Driven People. Menu Driven People. Magna's Active Aerodynamics Team: Harnessing the Wind; Composite Space Frame: A Different Animal. Effective January 26, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers entering the United States (including U.S. Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within three calendar days of departure or proof of recovery from the virus within the last 90 days.
- Env International (europe) Drivers
- Env International (europe) Driver Licence
- Env International (europe) Driver License
- Env International (europe) Driver Updater
The International Driver's License does not substitute the Original Driver's License and must only be used as an additional document, when you travel abroad.
The information in a few languages, that helps you explain to the police officer the designation of The International Driving License and your rights to drive motor vehicles in the designated country, which is based on the verdict of the United Nations.
According to the 'UNITED NATIONS CONFERENCE ON ROAD TRAFFIC. FINAL ACT', held in 1968, established the standards for The International Driver's License, which was accepted by the Contracting States on those Conventions.
The International Driver's License is mainly defined as:
1. the main information on the Original Driver's License that is translated into English or French
2. using letters instead of digits for the names of the Months
3. photo and signature (or thumb fingerprint)
4. translated into a few languages for the Categories of vehicles for which the Original Driver's License is valid
5. notes about the restrictive conditions of use and disqualifications.
The unofficial International Driving Document that is issued by International Automobile Association consists of two parts, a booklet which includes all standards, approved by the last convention of the UN and a plastic card.
Requirements for Naturalized and Non-U.S. Citizens
NEW PROCESS: You will not receive a permanent driver license or ID card while at a DMV service location. It will arrive through the mail. You will keep your expiring license/ID and receive a temporary paper card. For more on this, please see Central Issuance.
Commercial Driver License (CDL) and Commercial Learner Permit (CLP) applicants: Additional identity requirements. Find more information here.
Drive Only Applicants: If you would like to apply for a Drive Only License (for undocumented individuals), please follow these instructions.
IMPORTANT: Documented individuals arriving in the U.S. with an I-94 stamp in your passport must visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website (www.cbp.gov/I94) to obtain a hard copy of your I-94 document. This document must be presented to the DMV along with all other required documents. See Acceptable Forms of Identification.
To be eligible, you are required to prove:
- Identity: Please refer to The Document Checklist for Identity Verification for acceptable forms of identification;
- Legal presence in the United States. If you were not born in The United States, and you do not provide the DMV with a valid US Passport, then your immigration status will be verified through the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlement Program (SAVE). This includes applicants with Certificates of Citizenship and Naturalization. Verification of legal status with USCIS may take ten days or more and applicants may be asked to return to the same DMV office when the immigration results have been approved; and
- Connecticut Residence: Please refer to The Document Checklist for Identity Verification for required forms of proof of Connecticut residency.
- Please see additional information for these specific circumstances:
- Federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA or DREAM ACT)
Env International (europe) Drivers
Env International (europe) Driver Licence
Env International (europe) Driver License
The DMV will waive the requirement for an applicant to present an abstract when transferring a non CDL license from Guam for active duty military personnel and their family members. The applicant's military identification or the family member's dependent identification must be shown.
Env International (europe) Driver Updater
Note: A license from Puerto Rico is the same as an out-of-state license (same requirements as above), however the DMV office you visit will verify your Puerto Rico license with your home territory prior to transferring your Puerto Rico license to Connecticut. The DMV will notify you via mail of your Puerto Rico license status. The letter that you receive from the DMV will provide you with information on how to proceed with the licensing transaction.