- Enter System Manufacturer Laptops & Desktops Driver Downloads
- Desktop Computer Systems
- Enter System Manufacturer Laptops & Desktops Driver Download
This is a list of laptop brands and manufacturers.
Toshiba is a manufacturer and suppliers of all kinds of electrical products including laptops, notebooks, computer desktop and other computer related products and services. IBM: International Business Machines (IBM) is a United States based multinational technology and consulting company. Acer (Notebooks, Tablets, Desktops) Any Windows 10 drivers by Acer, for your Acer computer, are. System76 laptops are custom-built to run Linux flawlessly with the latest technology and super fast solid state storage.
|Name||Country||Brands and product lines (A-Z)||Market share (Q3 2020)|
|Lenovo||China||IdeaPad, Legion, ThinkPad, ThinkBook, Yoga||23.7|
|HP||United States||Elitebook, Envy, Omen, Pavilion, ZBook, Spectre, Probook||23.6%|
|Dell||United States||Alienware, G Series, Inspiron, Latitude, Precision, Vostro, XPS||13.7%|
|Acer||Taiwan||Aspire, Enduro, Extensa, Nitro, Predator, Swift, Spin, Switch, Travelmate||7.9%|
|Asus - ZenBook, VivoBook, ROG, TUF||Taiwan|
|Ordenadores Mountain - (YELLOMIX, S.L.)||Spain|
|Digital Storm||United States|
|Elitegroup Computer Systems||Taiwan|
|EVGA Corporation||United States|
|Falcon Northwest – DRX, TLX||United States|
|Google - Chromebook Pixel||United States|
|Huawei – MateBook||China|
|Končar – Končar Elektronics and Informatics Inc.||Croatia|
|Lanix – Lanix Portatiles, Neuron||Mexico|
|LG – Gram||South Korea|
|Medion – Akoya||Germany|
|Meebox – Meebox, Slate||Mexico|
|Micro–Star International (MSi) – Megabook, Wind||Taiwan|
|Microsoft – Microsoft Surface||United States|
|NEC – VERSA, LaVie||Japan|
|Onkyo – SOTEC||Japan|
|Origin PC||United States|
|Panasonic – Toughbook, Let's Note||Japan|
|Positivo Informática – Positivo, Platinum, Aureum, Unique, Premium||Brazil|
|Pravetz – 64M||Bulgaria|
|Purism – Librem||United States|
|Razer – Blade||United States|
|Samsung Electronics – Samsung Sens, Galaxy Book||South Korea|
|Sharp – Mebius||Japan|
|Toshiba - Portege, Tecra, Satellite, Qosmio||Japan|
|Velocity Micro||United States|
|VIA – NanoBook, pc–1 Initiative||Taiwan|
|Wortmann – Terra Mobile||Germany|
|Xiaomi - Mi NoteBook||China|
- Acorn Computers (United Kingdom) – Deskbook, Desknote and Solonote
- Averatec (South Korea)
- Compaq (United States) (acquired by Hewlett–Packard) – Evo, Armada, LTE, Presario
- Digital Equipment Corporation (United States) (acquired by Compaq) – HiNote
- eMachines (United States) (acquired by Gateway Computers)
- Everex (United States) – CloudBook, gBook
- Fujitsu Siemens (Germany/Japan) (Fujitsu bought out Siemens' share of the company)
- Gateway Computers (United States) (acquired by Acer)
- Gericom (Austria) (acquired by Quanmax AG)
- Itautec (Brazil) (acquired by Oki Electric Industry, PC/laptop division dissolved)
- Maxdata (Germany)
- OQO (United States)
- PC Club (United States) (Clevo brand)
- Vigor Gaming (United States) – Atlantis, Augustus, Artorius, and Aegis
- Voodoo PC (Canada) – Envy (acquired by Hewlett–Packard)
Defunct computer models
No longer manufacturing computers
- BenQ (Taiwan)
- Doel (Bangladesh)
- Epson (Japan)
- HCL (India)
- HTC (Taiwan) – HTC Shift
- IBM (United States) – sold its personal computer and Intel-based server businesses to Lenovo
- Nokia (Finland) – Booklet 3G
- Olivetti (Italy) – Olibook
- Philips (Netherlands) – X200
- Sony (Japan) – VAIO – sold its PC business division to Japan Industrial Partners (JIP); owns 25% of VAIO Corporation
- Wipro (India)
Original design manufacturers (ODMs)
The vast majority of laptops on the market (94% in 2011) are manufactured by a small handful of Taiwan-based original design manufacturers (ODM), although their production bases are located mostly in mainland China.
Enter System Manufacturer Laptops & Desktops Driver Downloads
Major relationships include:
Desktop Computer Systems
- Quanta sells to (among others) HP, Lenovo, Apple, Acer, Dell, NEC, and Fujitsu
- Compal sells to (among others) Acer, Dell, Lenovo and HP
- Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to Dell, Acer, Lenovo and HP
- Inventec sells to HP, Dell and Lenovo;
- Pegatron (in 2010, Asus spun off Pegatron) sells to Asus, Apple, Dell, Acer and Microsoft
- Foxconn sells to Asus, Dell, HP and Apple
- Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP
ODM laptop units sold and market shares
|ODM||Units sold (millions)||Units sold (millions)||Units sold (millions)||Units sold (millions)||Units sold (millions)||Units sold (millions)||Units sold (millions)||Units sold (millions)||Units sold (millions)||Units sold (millions)||Proportion of market||Units sold (millions)||Proportion of market|
|Pegatron, until 2007 Asus||8.7||9.5||9.8||14.0||18.5||17.5||15.5||10.9,0||8%||5,0||7%|
There is a discrepancy between the 2009 numbers due to the various sources cited; i.e. the units sold by all ODMs add up to 144.3 million laptops, which is much more than the given total of 125 million laptops. The market share percentages currently refer to those 144.3 million total. Sources may indicate hard drive deliveries to the ODM instead of actual laptop sales, though the two numbers may be closely correlated.
Enter System Manufacturer Laptops & Desktops Driver Download
- ^'Strategy Analytics: HP Narrowly Wins #1 Notebook Share Amid Strong Back-to-School Demand'. www.businesswire.com. 2020-08-17. Retrieved 2020-12-13.
- ^Ventura, Felipe (15 May 2013). 'Itautec desiste do mercado de PCs'. Gizmodo Brasil. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- ^'Global and China Laptop and Tablet PC Industry Report, 2011-2012'. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- ^ ab'Global and China Notebook PC Industry Report, 2010 - ResearchInChina'. researchinchina.com. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- ^Quanta Computer Inc. Annual Report 2018(PDF). Quanta Computer Inc. 2019.
- ^Hsiao, Jim (2017-02-14). 'Taiwan notebooks – 4Q 2016'. DigiTimes. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- ^'Taiwan notebooks – 1Q 2016'(PDF). DigiTimes. 31 May 2016.
- ^Wu, Thompson (19 January 2015). 'Asia Hardware Sector'. Credit Suisse.Missing or empty
- ^IPD Group. 'Notebook shipments of Taiwan players from 2006-2014 (Jun 15) - World News Report - EIN News'. einnews.com. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- ^estimate, according to Barclays Capital ResearchArchived 2013-01-17 at Archive.today: Asia ex-Japan IT Hardware Report
- ^Chuang, Steve (2011-01-14). 'Quanta Regains Lead in Global NB PC Shipment in 2010'. cens.com. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- ^Culpan, Tim (2010-01-18). 'Quanta Seeks New Ventures, Devices After Record Profit in 2009'. Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ^ abHachman, Mark (2007-05-09). 'The Top Laptop Makers Are Not HP, Dell, or Toshiba'. PC Magazine. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- ^'Wistron Corporation 2009 Annual Report translation'(PDF). Wistron. 2010-04-30. p. 31. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ^ ab'Inventec's margin grew 4.5% driven by server sector'. www.computex.biz. 2010-04-30. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- ^ abc'Global and China Notebook PC Industry Report, 2009 - ResearchInChina'. researchinchina.com. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- ^'ASUSTeK Computer Inc'. ASUS. 2008. Archived from the original on 2012-03-13. Retrieved 2010-07-21.
- ^'Acer loses world's No. 3 notebook-maker spot in Q4'. wantchinatimes.com. Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- ^'Growing Notebook & Netbook Market Will Boost Dell's PC Business'. NASDAQ.com. 12 February 2011. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
Support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020
We recommend you move to a Windows 10 PC to continue to receive security updates from Microsoft.
You can have Windows automatically download recommended drivers and detailed information for your hardware and devices. This is a good way to make sure all your hardware and devices work properly.
Drivers and information
Windows can find and download two kinds of updates for devices connected to your computer:
Drivers. A driver is software that allows your computer to communicate with hardware devices. Without drivers, the devices you connect to your computer—for example, a mouse or external hard drive—won't work properly. Windows can automatically check if there are drivers available for new devices that you connect to your computer.
For hardware that you've connected to your computer in the past, updated drivers might become available at a later date; but those drivers aren't installed automatically. To install these optional updates, go to Windows Update in Control Panel, check for updates, and then view and install driver updates that are available for your computer.
Information. Windows can download high-resolution icons for many hardware devices that you connect to your computer, along with detailed information about them, such as product name, manufacturer, and model number—even detailed information about the sync capabilities of a device. These details can make it easier for you to distinguish between similar devices that are connected to your computer, such as different mobile phones.
To have Windows automatically download recommended drivers and icons
You can check Windows Update at any time to see if it found new drivers and icons for your hardware, especially if you recently installed a new device. If you want to have Windows Update automatically check for the latest drivers and icons, here's how:
Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
Right-click the name of your computer, and then click Device installation settings.
Click Yes, do this automatically (recommended), and then click Save changes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
If Yes is already selected, click Cancel to close the dialog box.
To turn on and configure Windows Update
To get all important and recommended updates for your computer and your devices, make sure that Windows Update is turned on and configured properly.
To install drivers and other optional updates from Windows Update
Even if you have Windows Update set to automatically download and install all important and recommended updates, you still might not be getting all of the updated drivers available for your devices. For instance, optional updates might include updated drivers that become available for hardware or devices you've already installed. Windows doesn't automatically download and install optional updates, but you will be notified when optional updates are available.
To get all the available updates for your devices, periodically check Windows Update for all available updates, including optional updates. You can review the available updates and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Here's how to do this:
Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
If there are any available updates, click the link in the box under Windows Update to see more information about each update. Each type of update might include drivers.
On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your hardware devices, select the check box for each driver that you want to install, and then click OK. There might not be any driver updates available.
On the Windows Update page, click Install updates. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Windows Update tells you if an update is important, recommended, or optional.
Some updates require you to restart your computer.
Windows Update will tell you if the updates were successfully installed.
If Windows can't find a driver for your device
It's best to let Windows install drivers automatically. Occasionally, Windows might not be able to find a driver for your device. If this happens, you might want to check the manufacturer's website for a driver or update for the device, or try installing any software that came with the device.
If Windows can't find information about your device in Device Stage
Device Stage is a new feature in this version of Windows that displays details about a device and tasks you can perform with that device. When you connect a device that's compatible with Device Stage to your computer, Device Stage will automatically open. Occasionally, Device Stage might open but not display any or all tasks and information about the device. Here are some reasons why that might happen, and what to do if it does:
Note: If you connect a device to your computer that reportedly supports Device Stage (but only AutoPlay opens), check with the manufacturer of the device. Find out if there are any software or firmware updates available that will make the device work with Device Stage, and confirm that the device actually supports Device Stage.
Device Stage might need your permission to download information about your device. Check to see if there's a message in Device Stage telling you that updated information is available, and then follow the instructions.
Your computer might not be connected to the Internet. Device Stage can't download information about your device if you're offline. Try connecting the device later when you're online.
Device Stage might be trying to download information about your device. Wait a few minutes and see if Device Stage is able to find the information, especially if this is the first time you've connected the device to your computer. Device Stage will keep trying to download information about your device, even if the location where that information is stored is busy. If you don't want to wait, try connecting the device again later.