A few days afterI purchased my new spectre x360, I noticed ghost touches (touchs without meactually touching it) on the lower left corner of my screen.
Download ELO TouchSystems USB Touchscreen for Windows to mouse driver. Download ELO TouchSystems USB Touchscreen for Windows to mouse driver. Desktop Enhancements. Download the latest drivers, software, firmware, and diagnostics for your HP laptops from the official HP Support website.
The problem is that the touch screen laptop clicking by itself. Troubleshoot the hp touch screen ghost clicks step by step according to the following methods.
Why Screen Ghosting on Laptop
1. When using laptop under conditions of temperature, humidity, lighting or other distracting screen functions, some laptop or tablet can stuck on the touch screen and cannot respond to touch.
2. Some drivers may be incorrectly installed or uninstalled via Windows Update which may cause touch screen issues on Windows 10.
3. There may be a problem with the touch screen hardware. Sometimes loose or broken screen cable can also cause the ghost touch screen or touchscreen to become unresponsive.
How to FixLaptop Touch Screen Ghost Touch
1.Clean the screen
The touch screen may not respond due to accumulated dust.
Turn off the computer, wet the soft and clean cloth with water, and then wipe the screen gently. Wait for the screen to dry, turn on the computer and try using the touch screen again.
2. Calibrate the Touch Screen
When your touch screen responds slowly or inaccurately to record your touch gestures, you may need to re-calibrate it.
Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound.
Select Calibration Screen > Calibration.
Then click Reset (if available).
When finished, check that the screen touch is normal.
3. Reinstall the Driver
Your screen may ghost touch screen on laptop because driver is not enabled or need reinstall. Use Device Manager to enable and reinstall the touchscreen, graphics driver.
1) In Windows, search for and open the Device Manager.
2) Expand the 'Human Interface Devices' list.
3) Left click on the arrow next to 'Human Interface Devices' to open the drop-down list. Right-click on the HID-compliant touchscreen list and select 'Disable'.
4) You now need to right click on the list again, but this time select 'Enable'.
5) Touch the screen to see if it responds. If not, continue with these steps.
6) Right-click the touchscreen device and click 'Uninstall'.
7) The same operation, uninstall the graphics driver.
8) Restart your computer to reinstall the driver.
9) Tap the screen to see if it responds properly. If not, proceed to the next step.
The Windows 10/8 driver will automatically install again after you restart your computer. If it is a Windows 7 operating system, then you need to download the corresponding driver from support website.
4. Configure the touch display
1) Open Control Panel.
2) Click on Hardware and Sound.
3) Under 'Tablet PC Settings', click the 'Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input' link.
4) Under 'Display options', select the display.
5) Click the 'Calibrate' button.
6) Select the Touch input option.
Identifies the screen touch as aninput option.
5. Rollback Driver
Windows Update will update the hardware drivers. If it is a driver update that causes the Ghost Touch Screen or Touch Screen Not Working, you should try to roll back to the default.
In the 'Device Manager', right-click on the HID-compliant touchscreen and select Properties. Then switch to the Driver tab and select 'Roll Back Driver'.
If you know that a specific old driver is available but cannot be implemented by rollback, download the corresponding old version on the support website and install it.
6. Perform Power Reset
1) Turn off the computer, disconnect all external devices and AC adapter.
2) Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
3) Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to discharge any residual charge. (For a built-in battery, you can't unload the battery, then you can find a reset hole on the back of the laptop, you just need to find a pin to press this reset hole)
4) Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook.
5) Do not connect any peripheral devices.
6) Turn on computer to check the issue.
Try adjusting the settings of the power options to fix ghost touch screen on laptop
1. Right click on the battery icon and click 'Power Options'.
2. Find your current preferred plan and click 'Change Plan Settings'.
3. Click 'Change Advanced Power Settings'.
4. Find 'PCI Express' Expand 'Link State Power Management' and set all the optins to 'Maximum Power Savings'.
7. Using Windows Troubleshooting to fix touch screen issue
You may need to try the Windows 10 troubleshooting feature to solve the touch screen ghost clicks on laptop.
Elo Touch Screen Monitor Drivers
Here are the steps:
Step 1: Open the 'control panel', choose to view by large icons.
Step 2: Choose 'troubleshooting'.
Step 3: Click on 'hardware and sound'.
Step 4: Select Hardware and Devices to open a new dialog.
Step 5: Click Next and Windows 10 will detect and fix the problem.
8. HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI to Fix Ghost Touch Screen HP Laptop
1) Plug the AC adapter into your computer.
2) Press the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
3) Turn on the computer and press the F2 key repeatedly, about once per second.
4) When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen is displayed, click 'Component Test'.
5) Click the Touch Screen.
6) There are two interactive touch screen hardware tests. First click the touch pointer test.
7) Read the on-screen instructions and click Run Once.
9. Restore to an Earlier Time
This option restores system an earlier time.
Step 1: Press and hold (or right-click) 'Start Windows Logo' and select 'Control Panel'.
Step 2: Choose Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
Step 3: Select the restore point associated with the application, driver or update in question and choose Next > Finish.
Wait until the system is restored to the point where the touch screen is in normal use.
10. Check the Hardware
Check the hardware, including the ghost touch screen, the motherboard, the power adapter (the power input to the laptop or the electric fluctuations can also cause the laptop phantom touch screen).
Replace the screen to solve ghost touch caused by water or other touch screen damage.
HP Spectre x2 12-a002dx Screen Replacement:
1.Make sure the device is powered off.
The HP Spectre is placed on a flat surface to separate the keyboard.
2. Remove the screen
Need to remove the screen clip and 4 Phillips M1.5x2.7 screws.
Use a Phillips #000 screwdriver to remove the screws.
There is a sticker that connects the laptop to the keyboard. Heat the sticker and use a thin tweezers to grab the sticker and remove it.
3. Use the plastic opening tool or insert a spudger to begin loosening the screen assembly. Disconnect all screen clips.
4. Remove the connection cable from the screen and battery. Use aspudger to expose the strip and peel it off carefully.
Insert the spudger into the other end and release the ZIF connector. Remove the cable.
5. Replace the new screen and connect the screen cable. Reinstall eachscreen component in the order in which the parts are removed.
You need to purchase a new HP Spectre x2 screen assembly before disassembling the screen. Maybe eBay or Amazon is your priority. But I think you can buy a full range of original laptop accessories at GEMWON at a low price. GEMWON specializes in providing laptop repair parts at wholesale prices for DELL/HP/Acer/Toshiba Brand.
The laptop touch screen ghost clicking issue is a very common problem that can occur on any device that supports a Capacitive touch screen. For more troubleshooting on laptop touch screens, please refer to GEMWON Blog.