A computer printer does not work until you install the included drivers and software. If you have lost the CD for your printer, you can download the drivers for your printer and use them to install your printer. A listing of printer manufacturers and links to their associated driver download pages are on our printer drivers page.
Drivers Cd Dvd Drive free download - Darik's Boot and Nuke for CD and DVD, Express Burn Plus CD and DVD Burner, Ulead CD & DVD PictureShow, and many more programs. Download usb driver - Best answers Spvd-012.1 usb driver for windows 10 - Forum - Drivers Sony psp usb driver windows 10 - How-To - PSP. Download Center. Get the latest driver, software and product assets. Find answers to the most asked questions. Learn about our Product Warranty Policy. Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T) - x86 340.98.
Are all printers the same?
Although not all printers are the same, this page helps with all printer brands (e.g., Brother, Canon, HP, Lexmark, and Sharp) and their models (e.g., DeskJet, LaserJet, Photosmart, etc.). This page can also help you whether you have an inkjet printer and laser printer.
Connecting the printer to the computer
Connect the printer to the computer either using a USB cable, parallel port cable, or SCSI cable, and then connect the power plug to a power outlet. Today, most home computer printers are using a USB cable similar to the example picture.Tip
If this is a network printer, connect the printer to a wireless network or the RJ-45 connection.Note
A laptop computer works the same way as a desktop and can use any of the above connections if they are available.
Disc Player DriverNote
Smartphone and tablet users must have a printer that connects to devices wirelessly or over the Internet to print.
Turning on a printer
After connecting the printer to the computer, it can be turned on using the power button on the front of the printer. Typically the power button is on the front right corner of the printer. However, the button placement depends on the type of printer you have. Older laser printers may even have a power switch in one of the back bottom corners of the printer.
Setup printer and install software
After connecting the printer and turning it on, you'll need to install the printer's software and drivers. Every printer should come with the software used to install a printer in Windows or your operating system.
- After everything is plugged in, turn on the computer.
- Insert the CD that came with the printer. If the CD does not automatically start, open My Computer, double-click the CD drive, and then click the Setup or Install file. If you have downloaded the drivers, run the downloaded setup file.
- Follow the installation wizard, and once completed, your software is installed.
- Test the printer to make sure it is working.
Computer with no CD, DVD, or disc drive
If your computer does not have a disc drive or you lost the CD, you can download the software for your printer from the manufactures printer's driver page. Once the drivers are downloaded, you can run the file to install the drivers.
No drivers available for my operating system
Newer operating systems may not support all older printers. For example, Windows 10 may not support a printer that was made years before it was released. If drivers are not listed on a printers' driver page, your operating system or your versions of Windows does not support that printer. You can try installing an earlier version of operating system drivers, and it may work. However, for full support, consider getting a new printer.
Installing a printer only using the drivers
If you only want the printer to be installed and none of the extra software programs, you can only install the printer driver by following the steps below.Tip
A listing of printer drivers and software is on our printer drivers page.Note
If you have installed the printer doing the above steps, these steps should not be necessary unless you encountered errors.
- Open the Control Panel with the printer connected and powered on.
- In the Control Panel, double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- In the Printers window, click the Add a printer icon.
- After completing the above steps, see the Windows Printer Wizard. Click Next to start the wizard.
- Next, you have the choice of installing a Local or Network printer. If the printer connects directly to your computer, choose Local printer attached to this computer and click Next.
- When prompted for the printer driver location, browse to the directory of your drivers or point it to the printer CD.
Does a printer require drivers?
Yes. For a printer to communicate and work with the computer and its operating system, it requires a driver to be installed. In some situations, you can use a generic printer driver included with the operating system, but these generic drivers don't always work with all printers.Tip
Although a driver is required, the extra software for the printer is rarely required for the printer to work.
Test the printer
After installing the printer, you can use Windows to print a self-test page to help verify the printer is working.
Microsoft Windows users
- Open the Control Panel.
- Double-click the Devices and Printers, Printers, or Printers and Fax icon.
- Right-click the printer you want to test and click Properties. If you do not see your printer, your printer is not installed.
- In the Printers Properties window, click the Print Test Pagebutton.
- If the printer can print a test page, your printer is installed and set up properly. However, if you cannot print in other programs, the program you are attempting to print from has issues.
If the printer can print a test page, your printer is installed and working. You can configure other printer settings by opening the printer software or the Printers & scanners section in Windows.
- See our printer definition for further information and related links.
Disk Drill is a set of tools for recovering data from, managing and analyzing mass storage devices.
The application has been quite popular among Mac OS users for quite a while and the developer has ported the application to Windows.
With Disk Drill, you are given a comprehensive set of tools for finding, managing, rebuilding and recovering damaged data. Its usefulness is in its multiple algorithms it uses to recover data.
Disk Drill features a beautiful user interface which provides users with the quick ability to get down into the internals of virtually any connected device. It supports the Windows filesystems along with Mac's HFS along with Linux EXT2, EXT3 and EXT4 filesystems.
Recovering data with this recovery tool is rather easy and allows you to search through recoverable data. Items are grouped depending on their general category (eg. Videos, Pictures, Documents, etc.) The app allows you to save the data to an external device.
Download Disc Ice Drivers
Another useful feature of Disk Drill is its protection feature which helps guard against data loss and permanent deletion.
Disk Drill is a useful and easy-to-use data recovery program which can be very useful for more novice users or simply for people who like a combination of beauty and functionality with a simple interface.
Disk Drill is software which can protect from data loss.
Features and highlights
- Recover data from virtually any storage device
- Several different recovery algorithms, including Undelete Protected Data, Quick Scan and Deep Scan
- Scans start with just the click of a button
- Supports FAT, exFAT or NTFS file system, is HFS Mac drive or Linux EXT2/3/4
- Helps map old partitions to rebuild
- Protects your PC from future data loss
Disk Drill 4.1.555.0 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from file recovery software without restrictions. Disk Drill 4.1.555.0 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows. It's free to use, but some features within the application are limited as the program is classed as 'Freemium'.
Disc Driver PlayFiled under:
Install Disc Driver
- Disk Drill Download
- Freeware File Recovery Software
- Major release: Disk Drill 4.1
- Disk Recovery Software